Brother HC1850 Review 2023
Sewing machine market is considered as one of the competitive ones in the field of different small to medium types of machinery. From its initial days, like any other great quality product, features are what make any sewing machine stand out from the others. Unlike any other machines, sewing machines are the ones that are loaded with literary hundreds of different features, and sometimes most of the models seem similar in the blunt eyes. The only feasible way of differentiating between them is the quality of stitches or designs they produce. But that is a feature, which is not possible to determine, until and unless you have the first-hand experience in handling and sewing in different machines. So, for beginners, it is always a safe option to go for brands, which has a significant amount of experience in the market with a reputed brand value. In the world of Best quality sewing machines, there is no such competition to brands like Juki, Singer or Brother, etc., and the quality of the machines they manufacture is what makes that easier for them to achieve.Now let’s get into the Brother HC1850 Review here in the following section.
Brother HC1850 Computerized Sewing and Quilting Machine Info
In this particular article, we are going to discuss one such best sewing machine present in the market, at this time of time. and we are talking about the Brother HC1850 computerized sewing and quilting machine. A true power-packed and versatile sewing machine, this Brother HC1850 Computerized Quilting Sewing Machine one is capable of generic sewing, basic monogramming, quilting, decorative stitching and many more. But to know this specific appliance a bit ore and to evaluate their own pros and cons, learning about all their features thoroughly and precisely is what takes.
Our Brother HC1850 Review will cover all the essential features along with the advantages and disadvantages. So it will definitely help the beginners in their quest for finding the best sewing machine in a budget. Let us take a look-
FEATURES OF THE BROTHER HC1850 SEWING AND QUILTING MACHINE
- 130 built-in stitches.
- Extra added 170 stitch functions.
- Quilting is extremely easy with this particular sewing machine.
- Easy to set up.
- Easy needle replacements.
- Flexible and versatile.
- Compact yet extremely smart design.
- In-built backlight LCD display.
- It comes with several accessories.
1. 130 built-in stitches
In this Brother HC1850 Review, the primary feature of Brother HC1850 sewing machine is its Built in stitches. That is anyway enough to manipulate any user towards their machines, is that this Best computerized sewing machine is loaded with 130-built-in stitches. The popularity of any given sewing machine depends on how many automatic stitches it can provide to its user. And from that context, this Best Sewing Machine For Free Motion Quilting will consider as one of the best. The total 130 decorative stitches are comprising of 42 specialized stitches for garment construction, 8-automatic size-specific buttonhole styles and a heap of different styles of decorative stitches. As all stitch models are printed directly on the side of the machine itself, so you can easily find it.
2. Extra added 170 stitch functions
apart from the basic 130 built-in stitches, this particular Brother dual sewing machine for both sewing and quilting is also comprising of extra 170 different stitch functions. These 170 is the combination of 14 quilting stitches, 94 decorative ones And 12 heirloom functions. This Brother Sewing and Quilting Machine HC1850 is equipped with sewing fonts, both in the alphabet and numerical. This feature will enable you to sew monograms into the fabrics.
3. Quilting is extremely easy with this particular combination sewing machine
unlike most of the popular sewing machines present in the market, this particular one from Brother is a combination machine, which is equally expert in quilting along with regular sewing jobs. Equipped with 14 specialized built-in quilting stitches, users can make any design on their quilt, without any hassle. The wide detachable table also helps the user to handle long quilts pretty easily as well easily.
4. Easy to set up
comes in a “plug and play” way, this particular Best Brother computerized sewing machine can be used right out of the package. An instructional DVD also comes with the final packaging, which helps users, especially beginners, to understand the device and the way they work thoroughly. Just plug the machine to the power source, and you are good to go.
5. Easy needle replacement
like many other exciting features, this particular one we are about to discuss is strictly patented to Brother only and makes its users’ life easier. This specific Brother combination sewing machine features some particular series of buttons, which makes needle replacement a lot easier. All you need to do is to use the needle position button to raise the needle while the pressure foot is released. Then using the given screwdriver, take out the old needle and replace it with a new one.
6. A truly flexible and versatile machine
adjust different types of parameters like length and width of the speed is pretty easy in this brother HC1850 sewing and quilting machine. With a maximum capacity of achieving 850 stitches per minute, this particular sewing machine can also adjust the sewing speed as well depending on the efficiency and credibility of the user only. Moreover, with a specified thread controlling wheel, one can easily adjust the thread count as well.
7. Compact yet smart design
the importance of the outlook cannot be denied in any appliances and machines, and the sewing machines are no different at all. Brother HC1850 Computerized Sewing Machine comes with its stitch patterns and fonts printed on the front panel for better convenience. However, with easy buttons and control, selecting different types of stitch or adjustments of various parameters is also very easy in this particular Brother sewing and quilting machine.
8. In-built backlight LCD DISPLAY
along with the great exterior and extremely compact outlook, this particular Best Brother Computerized Sewing Machine is also equipped with a large backlight LCD, which displays all vital information regarding stitch selection and all. As the display is automatically lit is backlit, using the machine during night-time is also not a hassle.
9. It comes with so many different accessories
with so many different features, this Best Sewing Machine For Quilting Beginner, which makes it more perfect and more desirable to the potential users. The accessory kit, which comes with the shipment box along with the machine itself includes bobbins, needle set, cleaning brush, ballpoint needle, twin needle, eyelet punch, spool pin, screwdriver, spool caps, seam ripper, etc.
BROTHER HC1850 COMPUTERIZED QUILTING MACHINE SPECIFICATIONS
- Brand : Brother
- Model : HC1850
- Product Dimension : 16.3 X 7 X 12.5 Inches
- Product Weight : 10.14 Pounds
- No. Of Sewing Feet : 8
- No. Of Built-in Stitches : 130
- Speed : 850 Stitches Per Minute
- Type : Combination Machine Suitable For Both Sewing And Quilting
- Voltage : 120 volts
- Warranty : 25 years
- easy to set up.
- It comes in an affordable price range.
- In-built light makes it suitable to work at night time as well.
- It comes with in-built stitches.
- Has a Backlight LCD for convenience.
- The maximum stitch capacity is 850 stitches per minute.
- Suitable for both amateur and expert seamstresses.
- 8 different automatic buttonhole stitches.
- The needle threader is not that efficient.
- The exterior is not that strong and sturdy.
- The monogramming feature is limited.
- Thread auto-cutter is not included.
Follow the steps below to oil Brother HC1850 Sewing Machine:
1. Open the case cover and wipe down everything with a clean cloth thoroughly.
2. Remove the hook and oil the two pads with just a single drop of oil.
3. Make sure not to over oil
You can use 7/16″ bobbins high-quality clear plastic bobbins on Brother HC1850 Sewing Machine.
Follow the steps below to thread a Brother HC1850 Sewing Machine:
1. Turn off the machine and raise the presser foot lever.
2. Turn the handwheel clockwise to raise the needle so that the mark on the wheel points up.
3. Now, pull the spool up completely and place the spool on the thread guide on the pin.
4. Now pass the thread from the spool through the hook towards the grove of the thread guide.
5. Pull the thread towards the casing and through the hook/ take-up lever from left to right.
6. Pull the thread gently and pass it through the eye of the needle from the front to back.
7. Again pull the thread through the presser foot, towards the rear of the machine.
Follow the steps below to understand how to use a Brother HC1850 Sewing Machine-
1. Thread your Brother HC1850 Sewing Machine by filling up the bobbin.
2. Pull up the needle frame by turning the hand wheel and pressing the foot lever simultaneously.
3. Place the garment between the supporting platform and the needle tip.
4. Slowly lower the needle frame and start sewing by pedaling the foot lever.
Yes, Brother hc1850 is a low shank sewing machine.
Yes, Brother HC1850 Sewing Machine sports an automatic threaded system along with other features.
Yes, you can easily sew a king-size quilt with Brother HC1850 Sewing Machine.
Here i am concluding the Brother HC1850 Review, with its detailed features. By now, anybody can understand that this particular Brother HC1850 sewing machine is a plethora of loads of interesting and unique features, which you may not find in most of the sewing machines you are planning to buy under the same budget. It is not only offering a great deal of different basic and decorative stitch patterns, but there are also no such competition to this particular machine in quilting as well. Though comprises of limited monogramming stitches and also the exterior built material is not that strong and sturdy, but that does not mean that this particular sewing machine is not up to the mark. Though it is not that efficient for expert seamstresses, but for amateurs and intermediate users, who just started their journey in sewing, there is undoubtedly no better model than this particular Brother HC1850 computerized sewing machine.
The Brother HC1850 computerized sewing and quilting machine is a combination style sewing machine that is equally good at quilting along with basic constructive sewing and other decorative sewing patterns. Comprises of 130 different sewing patterns, monogramming is also possible in this Best Quilting sewing machine. It comes with different adjustable features like stitch length and width, stitching speed and thread tension, etc., which make this particular sewing machine a truly flexible and versatile one. Though not considered appropriate for expert usage this Brother HC1850 Computerized Quilting Sewing Machine can a perfect choice for beginner and intermediate users by all means.